How can I use XtraMath with Clever?
XtraMath’s rostering integration with Clever is available through the Clever Library. Every time you sign into your XtraMath teacher account via Clever, it syncs with Clever to keep your classes up to date. This makes class setup easier, since students are automatically added to the correct roster. The integration also allows your students to sign in to XtraMath using their Clever accounts.
Here is how you can connect your existing XtraMath teacher account with Clever:
- On the XtraMath page in the Library, click on Install XtraMath. Then click Homeroom in the top right. Under Newly Added you should see an XtraMath icon — click that.
- In a new window you’ll get a permission page asking if XtraMath can create accounts for you. Click Allow and continue. It will open XtraMath.
- Provide your XtraMath credentials to connect the two accounts — or, if you’re new to XtraMath, provide the necessary information to create your teacher account.
- Once you sign in to XtraMath you will see a message that your account is being provisioned from Clever. In a few seconds you will see the classes from your Clever roster.
- From now on, you should sign in to XtraMath only through Clever. That way, each time you sign in we will get updated rostering information from Clever and can keep your roster synchronized with Clever.
If you were already using XtraMath: If your students have used XtraMath already, this may result in duplicate student accounts. In this case, your students' previous accounts can be found in their previous classroom tabs. Their new accounts will be found in tabs corresponding to your Clever classes. Your students will access these accounts by signing in with Clever. Students using a new account will need to take a Placement Quiz again - this can take 1 to 3 sessions. After the quiz they will resume Progress Quizzes and Practices with a set of facts appropriate to their current fluency. Once you're satisfied with your newly rostered classes, you may remove your previous classes from your account.
Students may sign in through their Clever portal or via our student sign-in page, using either Clever or their new XtraMath credentials. If students sign in with XtraMath credentials, please ensure students use the name and PIN corresponding to their new accounts so that their work is recorded to the correct, Clever-linked account.